Insurance Verification Specialist Job Summary
Our mental health facility is looking for an Insurance Verification Specialist to assist with medical billing. In this role, you will contact health insurance companies via phone to verify coverage for new patients and re-verify coverage for existing patients. After obtaining prior authorizations for admission or specific treatments, you inform patients of their financial responsibility. Applicants should have some knowledge of medical terminology and be comfortable with outbound calling.
Insurance Verification Specialist Duties and Responsibilities
- Contact insurance companies to verify patient coverage
- Obtain prior authorizations for patient admission and treatments
- Inform patients of their financial responsibility
- Update patient information into our system
- Assist with other administrative tasks as needed
Insurance Verification Specialist Requirements and Qualifications
- Associates degree or higher.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology preferred
- Computer proficiency, including with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must have over 2+ years of experience in a medical or healthcare facility doing verification of benefits.
- Must have over 3+ years of experience using a EMR system.
***Pay range of $20 – $22 an hour is only for qualified candidates. If you do not meet the necessary requirements or qualifications, you may be offered an hourly rate as low as $16.00 per hour. ***
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Do you have over 2+ years of medical or healthcare experience?
- Do you have over 3+ years of experience using an EMR system?
- Do you have over 2+ years of medical benefit verification experience?
- What city do you reside in, and what is your email address and phone number?
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job email your details to Careers@mypsychiatrist.com