As a Certified Medical Assistant you will be responsible for providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the medical office/hospital. You will support doctors and patients through a variety of tasks related to patient care management, organization, and communication.
- Take medical histories
- Explain treatment procedures to patients and prepare patients for exams
- Collect specimens for laboratory tests
- Assist the physician during exams and medical procedures
- Teach patients about medications, special diets, exercise plans and other medical lifestyle changes
- Give vaccinations and draw blood
- Occasionally perform other medical duties under the supervision of the doctor
- Prepare medications and prescription refills under the supervision of a physician
- Clean wounds and change bandages
- Calm nervous patients
- Ensure safety procedures are followed and medical records are kept secure and confidential
- Answer telephones and help schedule patient appointments as needed
- Greet patients as they enter the clinic and escort them to the exam rooms
- Keep patient records current
- Schedule appointments
- Assist with billing and insurance as needed
- Enter patient medical information into computer programs
- Must have a currently valid CMA Certification.
- Must be fully bilingual in (English/Spanish)
- Must have 3+ years of experience as a medical assistant.
- Prior experience in administration.
- Prior experience in medical care.
- Compassion for patients.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work long shifts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
***Pay range of $18 – $20 an hour is only for qualified candidates. If you do not meet the necessary requirements or qualifications, you may be offered an hourly rate as low as $16.00 per hour. ***
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Free parking
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- What is your email and phone number?
- What city do you reside in?
- Medical Assistant: 2 years (Required)
- Spanish (Required)
- Certified Medical Assistant (Required)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job email your details to Careers@mypsychiatrist.com