JOIN THE LARGEST MENTAL HEALTH PRIVATE PRACTICE IN FLORIDA!
WHY WORK HERE?
My Psychiatrist consists of leaders in the mental health field, and we are affiliated with some of Florida’s top behavioral health hospitals for acute care. Not only do we have convenient outpatient clinics, but we also offer telemedicine, TMS, and detox programs. We offer behavioral health services to help you handle emotional and mental health concerns. Our board-certified psychiatrists and clinicians are available to talk when you’re ready.
Our company has locations in Broward, Palm Beach, and Miami-Dade Counties. Fast-growing company with numerous growth opportunities.
We are looking to hire a Patient Access Coordinator with excellent organizational and administrative skills. Medical receptionists are expected to be compassionate and discrete with superb time management and record-keeping skills.
To ensure success, medical receptionists should be confident and professional administrators with fantastic communication and interpersonal skills that will contribute to the efficient day-to-day administration of the healthcare facility. Top candidates will work comfortably while multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment and can effectively react to patient emergencies.
- Confirms and enters the patient’s demographical and financial information in the electronic health record (EHR) and collects all applicable deductibles, coinsurances, and or copayments before the commencement of the medical encounter.
- The confirmation of demographical and financial information includes the following:
- Patient’s full name, home address, main and alternate contact number, and electronic correspondence address.
- Insurance company, identification number, and out of pocket responsibility
- If self-pay, the staff member will advise the patient of his or her financial responsibility based on services rendered and cross-referenced with the organizational charge master.
- Conducts informed consent by explaining to the patient the contents of the consent to treatment and release of information forms and acknowledgment of the health center’s privacy practices.
- The staff member will provide all copies of such documents upon the patient’s request.
- Scans the patient’s state identification or driver’s license card and insurance information into the EHR. All scans of the insurance card must include the front and back sections.
- For identification purposes, the patient’s facial image will be captured using technology interfaced with the EHR.
- Facilitates patient flow and communicates in a professional and confidential manner any delays to the patient and or medical team.
- Follows all organizational policies on safety and security; maintains restricted areas by safeguarding keyless entry codes and computer system passwords.
- Courteously screens solicitors and conveys the information to the Front Desk Lead/Supervisor on duty.
- Responsible for keeping the reception, patient waiting areas, and office space clean and organized
- Schedule follow-up appointments at the conclusion of each patient’s visit based on the individual treatment plan and organizational policy.
- In coordination with the administrator on duty reconciles on a daily basis all appointment statuses in the practice management module of the EHR.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Requirement of a High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Exceptional customer service, active listening, and verbal and written communication skills, professional phone voice.
- Proficiency with computers and strong typing skills.
- Ability to ask questions and diffuse tense situations.
- Strong time management and decision-making skills.
- Adaptability and accountability.
- One year of experience in customer service; working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Previous experience in a customer support role.
***Pay range of $17 – $18 an hour is only for qualified candidates. If you do not meet the necessary requirements or qualifications, you may be offered an hourly rate as low as $16.00 per hour. ***
To apply for this job email your details to Careers@mypsychiatrist.com