Full Job Description
Are you looking for a rewarding career that positively impacts the lives of people every day?
Who We Are:
My TMS is a highly-respected psychiatric practice with locations throughout Broward, Dade and Palm Beach counties. We are one of the largest mental health groups in Florida, boasting 57 clinicians specializing in the treatment of a broad range of conditions. And we are growing – with plans to open more locations serving a broader geography and expanding availability to our high-demand services.
Depression has become so common and well-known, that there are now many different treatment options, and one of them is Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS). The TMS Technician in our My TMS department will be responsible for administering TMS Treatments as prescribed, scheduling appointments, and assisting patients in completing psychiatrist rating scores after their sessions. They will ultimately be responsible for providing and contributing to the company’s mission, vision, and values.
- What You Bring:
New college students and recent graduate’s welcome!
- AA degree or High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Bilingual English/Spanish – required.
- TMS experience a plus – not required.
- Healthcare industry experience a plus – not required.
- Successful completion of TMS Certification based on initial training provided. On-the-job TMS training will be provided and is required.
What You’ll Do:
- Set up TMS Medical Device and monitor all aspects of the treatment session for patient comfort and treatment accuracy. Administer TMS Treatment according to specific physicians’ protocols.
- Record session notes thoroughly and accurately.
- Ensure Informed Consent is signed and obtained then placed within patient chart.
- Certify that patients abide by the “Patient’s Rights and Obligations” agreement and know when to tell management when it is breached, for the safety of our patients and staff members.
- Manage the patients’ ongoing schedules using ERM and medical scheduling software. Verbally confirm all patients’ appointments, adjust schedules according to patients’ needs. Communicate schedule changes with Front Desk Associate.
- Know when to inform providers and intake coordinators of missed appointments, depending on reasoning. Ensure consistency of treatment.
- Print and Complete superbills and ensure accuracy for billing purposes. Keep track of and update the daily census after every patient appointment. Ensure the correct number of authorized treatments are being utilized within the valid authorization dates. Inform clinical staff if authorization extensions are needed, at least 1 week before.
- At the end of day, comparing the number of superbills to the number on the schedule and maintaining daily census numbers updated.
- Provide patients with supportive education on TMS services and know when to schedule patients with a provider if the patient has concerns outside of your field of knowledge.
- Maintain HIPAA compliance and follow established treatment and office procedures.
- It is the responsibility of each employee to assist other office staff when and where necessary.
- All employees have the responsibility of answering phones, maintaining office files, filing, updating data, and other assigned duties as needed.
- May be asked to train new employees for the technician position.
- May have to fill in temporarily at other My TMS clinics, as needed.
- All other duties assigned.
- The duties listed may be changed or modified at any time.
If you are a motivated and empathetic individual with an outgoing personality, we would love to make you part of the rapidly growing My TMS team!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Miami, FL 33143: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Do you know what TMS stands for?
- Spanish (Required)
Work Location: In person
- Health insurance
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.