Full Job Description
Are you looking to make a high impact with a premiere, fast-growing medical practice in South Florida?
Who We Are:
My Psychiatrist is a highly-respected psychiatric practice with locations throughout Broward, Dade and Palm Beach counties. We are one of the largest mental health groups in Florida, boasting 57 clinicians specializing in the treatment of a broad range of conditions. And we are growing – with plans to open more locations serving a broader geography and expanding availability to our high-demand services.
As a Medical Assistant you will be responsible for providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the medical office/hospital. You will support doctors and patients through a variety of tasks related to patient care management, organization, and communication.
- Provide support for the MD and nurse practitioner
- Perform various duties including triage, taking vitals, and gathering medical history to document into the EMR system
- Serve as an assistant to the physcian and APRN with procedures and chart updates
- Support office staff in areas to include phone calls with patients, record requests, and close daily orders
- Explain treatment procedures to patients and prepare patients for exams
- Teach patients about medications
- Give injections
- Prepare medications and prescription refills under the supervision of a physicians
- Keep patient records current
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have 1+ years of experience as a medical assistant (AAMA cerficaiton preferred)
- Medical terminology required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)-preferred
- Compassion for patients.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
If you are a motivated and skilled with experience in the Healthcare Industry, we would love to make you part of the rapidly growing My Psychiatrist team.
***Pay range of $18 – $20 an hour is only for qualified candidates. If you do not meet the necessary requirements or qualifications, you may be offered an hourly rate as low as $16.00 per hour. ***
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Free parking
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- What is your email and phone number?
- What city do you reside in?
- Medical Assistant: 1 year (Required)
- Spanish (Required)
- Certified Medical Assistant (Required)
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.