JOIN THE LARGEST MENTAL HEALTH PRIVATE PRACTICE IN FLORIDA!
Are you looking to make a high impact with a premiere, fast-growing medical practice in South Florida?
WHO WE ARE:
My Psychiatrist is a highly-respected psychiatric practice with locations throughout Broward, Dade and Palm Beach counties. We are one of the largest mental health groups in Florida, boasting 57 clinicians specializing in the treatment of a broad range of conditions. And we are growing – with plans to open more locations serving a broader geography and expanding availability to our high-demand services.WHY WORK HERE?
Our company has locations in Broward, Palm Beach, and Miami-Dade Counties. Fast-growing company with numerous growth opportunities.
As a Medical Assistant you will be responsible for providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the medical office/hospital. You will support doctors and patients through a variety of tasks related to patient care management, organization, and communication.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Take medical histories
- Explain treatment procedures to patients and prepare patients for exams
- Collect specimens for laboratory tests
- Assist the physician during exams and medical procedures
- Teach patients about medications, special diets, exercise plans and other medical lifestyle changes
- Give vaccinations and draw blood
- Occasionally perform other medical duties under the supervision of the doctor
- Prepare medications and prescription refills under the supervision of a physician
- Clean wounds and change bandages
- Calm nervous patients
- Ensure safety procedures are followed and medical records are kept secure and confidential
- Answer telephones and help schedule patient appointments as needed
- Greet patients as they enter the clinic and escort them to the exam rooms
- Keep patient records current
- Schedule appointments
- Assist with billing and insurance as needed
- Enter patient medical information into computer programs
- Must be fully bilingual in (English/Spanish)
- Must have 3+ years of experience as a medical assistant.
- Prior experience in administration.
- Prior experience in medical care.
- Compassion for patients.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work long shifts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
***Pay range of $18 – $20 an hour is only for qualified candidates. If you do not meet the necessary requirements or qualifications, you may be offered an hourly rate as low as $16.00 per hour. ***
To apply for this job email your details to Careers@mypsychiatrist.com