Full Job Description
Are you looking to make a high impact with a premiere, fast-growing medical practice in South Florida?
Who We Are:
My Psychiatrist is a highly-respected psychiatric practice with locations throughout Broward, Dade and Palm Beach counties. We are one of the largest mental health groups in Florida, boasting 57 clinicians specializing in the treatment of a broad range of conditions. And we are growing – with plans to open more locations serving a broader geography and expanding availability to our high-demand services.
A patient account representative manages several tasks related to patient accounts for hospital and outpatient services rendered. Daily duties may include processing claims, collecting payments, resolving problems, attending to inquiries regarding an account. Due to the nature of the job, patient account representatives must interact with and manage patients on a regular basis.
What You Bring:
· Associate degree preferred
· Experience in medical billing and collections in a clinical setting, Behavioral Health experience preferred
· Proficient in computer software and technology, Kareo experience a strong plus
· Good with Microsoft Office applications
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· Strong understanding of calculations and medical terminology
· Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
· Excellent time management and organizational skills
· Superior Customer Service skills
What You’ll Do:
· Process and manage patient claims
· Collect payments from patients for processing
· Resolve any issues relating to the patient account
· Answer any questions patients may have about their account
· Assist patients with terms for repayment structures
· Negotiate any overdue balance to recover payment from patients
· Generate bills for patients including payment plan options
· Explain insurance benefits to patients
If you are a motivated, skilled Patient Account Representative with experience in the Healthcare Industry, we would love to make you part of the rapidly growing My Psychiatrist team.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Do you have any experience working patient accounts?
- Are you willing to commute to Oakland Park?
- Medical terminology: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job email your details to Careers@mypsychiatrist.com